Monday, April 04, 2011

I composed (wrote something) today.

The first of my impromptu compositions I've ever loved (not that I can compose any other way, honestly.) And that means I won't be able to remember the exact same notes unless I replay the video (with all the parts that didn't flow) and figure out the notes.

Anybody can compose, isn't it? Songs are a string of notes with an end to them. You don't have to know how to play an instrument to have notes floating in your head. It doesn't even have to be a 'perfect' ending that sounds like an ending - look at all those modern compositions where songs kind of just, cut off - like that.

The only difference is the standard of it, and up to what standard you will call it "a song". Then we bring in the idea of perspective - what would YOU call a song, then? (not what the professionals/audiences would call 'a song', or any kind of influence these professionals have on you, but what you'd call a song).


(those do not make sense)

--------------
lunch:

It (was) a dark gloomy day; I fell asleep two hours before lunch. I looked at her, and thought about myself. I wish I were a genius. Or at least, extremely bright. Big brain kind of bright.

I want to be like him, quietly (and very modestly) enjoying the compliments from the rest. Well, the better genes.

Occasionally, they'll say, 'but you're talented!". I
do not agree. Just some kind of an ability. (and sometimes it just sounds like they're trying to make you feel better). Look at all those bloody talented people out there. And they might say, "now you're definitely not stupid or dull!". But I'm not bright. Like the stars. Shining. Am I close?

I've got this and that, not (THIS) and (THAT). For now, I'll name the one I'm better at, (this). Sometimes, you try to pride yourself in something. But it feels stupid when you have to FIND what you're good at - why can't it be
JARRINGLY OBVIOUS?

-------

So today, that got translated into a song. I wouldn't say it's inspiration, I just happened to play a string of notes while I was feeling this way and it happened to sound rather sad. And something made me better after that, she asked if I've learned a new song.



The day's a little better. When things are tangible. And when you're not influenced by anyone else but yourself.

No comments: